Before Your Permanent Make Up Appointment.
While permanent makeup is great for most people, some individuals are not suitable for these treatments. Please read the following permanent makeup contraindications carefully, to evaluate if you are an eligible candidate before you book your appointment with us.
Ineligible Without Exception:
- Individuals under 18 years of age
- Women who are pregnant or nursing
- Individuals with Pacemaker or major heart problems
- Individuals with viral infections and/or diseases
- Individuals who have undergone Organ Transplant
- Individuals with any kind of skin condition on or near the treatment area
- Eczema, dermatitis, rosacea, psoriasis or any one of these skin conditions may compromise the surface and texture of the skin.
- Individuals who are allergic to metal or colour
- Diabetes Type 1
- Hepatitis B/C
- Active Skin Disorders: Cold Sores, Shingles, Impetigo, Psoriasis, Pink Eye, Sun Burn, Severe
- Active Vitiligo
- Blood Disorders: Sickle Cell, Hemophilia
- Keloid Formation
- Mental Disorders
- Accutane (must be off for 6 months)
- Steroids (must be off for 6 months)
Eligible With Doctor Clearance and Note
Individuals undergoing chemotherapy
Although permanent makeup is great for enhancing your look, we require a doctor’s note to perform the procedure for anyone undergoing chemotherapy. Once you’re cleared from your oncologist, we can book your appointment. Permanent makeup is a great solution for cancer survivors.
Individuals with Diabetes
It is important that your condition is stable and under control. Please consult with your physician and provide us with a doctor’s note.
Individuals with Thyroid Condition
The colour of your brows can fade faster when taken with certain thyroid medications.
Individuals with Glaucoma
The risk of developing an eye infection is higher.
Individuals with High Blood Pressure
Your blood pressure must be at a stable condition. You may have slightly greater bleeding than the norm. Excessive bleeding during the procedure can dilute and expel the pigment colour and lead to poor results.
Individuals that have any uncertainty regarding their pre-existing conditions, or are under the supervision of a physician, please consult with your doctor before booking an appointment and provide us with a doctor’s note.
Eligible Based on Individual Cases
Individuals with a dark pre-existing eyebrow tattoo or permanent makeup
The tattoo or permanent makeup must be light enough for us to perform the procedure. We ask anyone with a previous eyebrow tattoo to send us an email/text with a picture of their eyebrows with no makeup on, so we can evaluate.
Individuals who are allergic to lidocaine or epinephrine
Our most used aesthetic is lidocaine and epinephrine so if you are allergic to it, we will not be able to use it during the procedure; however, you will still have an option to proceed but without a numbing agent to reduce the pain.
Individuals with sun damaged skin
It can result in poor retention of pigment.
Brag Beauty Salon reserves the right to refuse service to anyone.